Saturday, August 29, 2026

Emirates max age limit

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have been in the ''cabin crew game'' since 2011. I have applied to Emirates what feels like 1000 times, attended 100 open days and assessment days and even made it all the way to the final interview. Over the years, I have spoken to sooo many candidates, followed countless recruitment journeys and read what feels like 1000 posts and experiences online about Emirates hiring process, especially the question everyone keeps asking:

Does Emirates hire people over 30?

I have been trying to share what I have learned and help clear up the confusion, because I know how much time, money and hope people can put into this process. So if you are wondering about the EK max age question, I am here to share what I have learned from years of experience, conversations and real candidate experiences. 

On paper, there is no max age limit published on their official careers site. Look a little deeper into the recruitment process and a very different picture shows up.

The evidence behind the unspoken EK age limit

Targeted social media ads:

Targeted recruitment ads on platforms like IG/FB show advertisers explicitly setting target demographic preferences for job postings. FB ad disclosures reveal that recruitment ads are specifically targeted to reach users aged between 20 and 30.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Successful Applicant ages: 

Many years ago, someone shared an excel tracking sheet with me showing candidates who passed open days and assessment days and it paints a very different picture. Out of dozens of successful hires across various cities, the ages almost exclusively range from 20 to 29, with ages 21 to 25 making up the vast majority.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have a long list of these, I only shared 2 screenshots of this excel file.  I found zeroooo candidates who were above the age of 30. 

 

Former EK recruiter Insight: 

A former Emirates cabin crew recruiter on Instagram, by the name Carmen openly share that ME carriers enforce confidential cut offs. While candidates over 30 occasionally slip through, usually those with extensive prior aviation experience, first time applicants over 30 - 32 face automatic rejection at the CV screening stage or during the initial group discussion.














Regarding the age of 50, I have heard from current Emirates cabin crew that once they turn 50, their contracts are not renewed.
 
There is so many evidence about Emirates not hiring above the age of 30.
 
Those who know and have worked at Emirates know that Emirates prefers to hire candidates under the age of 30. Their golden age is 21 - 25. This is nothing crazy. Everyone knows this.  
 

 
Why Does This Happen?

Unlike EU/USA/CA airlines, which operate under strict anti age discrimination laws (allowing flight attendants to start their careers well into their 40s or 50s) UAE based airlines operate under different regional labor regulations.

Emirates places immense emphasis on brand image, physical stamina for demanding long haul rosters and long term training ROI. By quietly prioritizing candidates in the 21 - 30 age range, they filter for a specific demographic that fits their global marketing identity.

What does this mean for applicants?

While Emirates will never state an upper age limit in writing due to PR/law considerations, the data and targeted advertising choices make their preferences undeniable. If you are over 30 and aiming for a career in the sky with EK, you aren't completely out of options, airlines like flydubai, Etihad, Qatar and RiyadhAir are far more open to 30+ candidates. But if Emirates is your sole target, understand that the odds drop dramatically once you cross the 30 mark.

 💚💚💚💚💚

I wanted to make this post because I know many applicants fly to different countries for open days and pay tons of money for flights, hotels and everything else related to this role, only to be rejected. Honestly, it can be a huge waste of money. Myself included, I paid sooo much money and I had no idea about this. Now I know and I hope you do too. So please spread the word.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Emirates max age limit

                      I have been in the ''cabin crew game'' since 2011. I have applied to Emirates what feels like 1000 tim...