Here is a complete list of the responsibilities of a cabin crew, which could be good to learn and refresh your memory...in case some questions regarding this will come during a cabin crew interview, assessment or group work ect...but i have to add that a cabin crew does WAY more than these...these are just the official responsibilities of a cabin crew :-)
Written by: Razibul Hassan
Job Responsibilities of a Cabin Crew:
Though the primary and main job responsibilities of cabin crews is to ensure the safety and comfort of the passengers but they have others responsibilities as well. The list of job responsibilities of a cabin crew are listed below:
- Ensuring the passengers’ pleasant journey.
- Welcoming passengers on board and directing them to their seats.
- Administering first aid.
- Ensuring that safety and security regulations.
- Preparation and serving or selling of on-board food and beverage.
- Making announcements on behalf of the pilot and answering passenger questions during the flight.
- Assuring passengers to follow the correct emergency procedures.
- Offering comfort items including magazines, newspapers, blankets, pillows, hot towel service to the passengers.
- Distributing custom forms on international flights and assist passengers with their proper completion prior to landing.
- Verifying Boarding particulars.
- Conducting cabin checks every 15–30 minutes, especially during night flights.
- Checking on the passengers, and listen for any unusual noises or situations.
- Ensuring all equipment such as life-vests, torches and firefighting equipment are on board, in proper condition & in the right quantity.
- Reporting any unserviceable or missing items prior to takeoff.
- Monitoring the cabin for any unusual smells or situations.
- Maintaining certain precautions such as keeping doors disarmed or open during fueling on the ground.
- Demonstrating the safety features of the aircraft to the passengers.
- Assisting the loading of carry-on baggage, checking for weight, size and dangerous goods.
- Securing the cabin by ensuring tray tables are stowed, armrests down and carryovers stowed correctly, seats are in their upright positions, seat belts fastened prior to takeoff.
- Checking the lavatory to ensure the smoke detector hasn’t been deactivated.
- Checking regular cockpit to ensure the pilot’s health and safety.
- Ensuring passengers disembark safely at the end of a flight & checking if there is any luggage or baggage left in the overhead lockers.
- Crosschecking prior to landing.
- Completing paperwork, including writing a flight report.
What personal qualities a cabin crew should have::: examples::::
Can handle stress well, organized, a lovely pleasant personality, empathic, excellent time management skills, confident, disorganized, attentive, understanding and flexible ect ect + more...
More informative info related to the cabin crew job here:::